Yokohama iceGUARD iG53 is a Premium Touring Studless Winter tire with directional tread pattern, designed for Passenger cars.
2019 Test World Yokohama iceGUARD iG53 Test
In 2019 experts of the Finnish organization Test World have tested Yokohama IG53 at size 205/55 R16 and compared to 8 similar budget, mid-range and premium winter tires. Also they included into the test Michelin Crossclimate+ as All-Season tire to compare results.
Overall Yokohama iceGUARD iG53 Review
According to the test results Yokohama took 7th place.
- Long wet braking distance and the lowest handling.
- The worst dry performance.
- Short ice braking distance, good handling and traction.
- Long snow braking distance and average handling.
- Low noise.
- Average rolling resistance.
Similar tires from the test: