The Yokohama ice GUARD IG51v is a Premium Touring studless winter tyre with directional tread, designed for SUV and 4×4.
2018 AMS Yokohama iceGUARD IG51v test
In 2018 experts of the Sweden magazine Auto Motor & Sport have tested the Yokohama IG51v at size 275/45 R20 and compared it with five similar Nordic studless winter tyres. In addition, experts included into the test two winter tyres of the “European” type, which show better performance at dry and wet.
Overall Yokohama ice GUARD IG51v review
According to the test results Yokohama took 3rd place.
- The longest dry braking distance.
- The lowest wet performance.
- Relatively long ice braking distance, average handling and good traction.
- Average snow handling time.
- Average rolling resistance.
Similar tyres from the test: