The Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme S is an Ultra High Performance studless winter tyre with directional tread, designed for passenger cars and SUV.
The tyre replaced the Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme.
The tyre has been replaced by the Vredestein Wintrac Pro.
2018 AMS Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme S test
In 2018 experts of the Sweden magazine Auto Motor & Sport have tested the Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme S at size 275/45 R20. The main competitor of the tire was similar the Hankook W320A SUV. This “European type” tire has more rigid rubber compound and a less aggressive tread pattern, which helps them to show better performance at dry and wet. The rest competitors of the tyre became six tyres of the Nordic type, which experts included into the test to compare results.
Overall Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme S review
According to the test results Vredestein took 8th place.
- Good dry braking distance (but longer than Hankook) and the best handling time.
- The best dry braking distance among similar tyres type.
- The longest ice braking distance (much longer than Hankook), the lowest handling and traction.
- The lowest snow handling time.
- The best rolling resistance
Similar tyres from the test: