The Nokian WR D4 is a Premium Touring studless winter tyre with directional tread, designed for passenger cars.
The tire replaced the Nokian WR D3.
The tire has been replaced by the Nokian WR Snowproof.
2018 AMS Nokian WR D4 test
In 2018 experts of the German publication Auto Motor und Sport have tested the Nokian WR D4 at size 205/55 R16 and compared it with ten similar budget, mid-range and premium winter tyres.
Overall Nokian WR D4 review
According to the test results Nokian took 3rd place and got an expert score “highly recommended”.
- Good dry braking distance and relatively low handling speed.
- Long wet braking distance and average handling.
- Average aquaplanning resistance.
- Great snow perfrormance.
- The best rolling resistance.
- Relatibely low noise level.
Similar tyres from the test: