The Nokian WR D3 is a High Performance studless winter tire with directional tread, designed for passenger cars.
The tire has been replaced by the Nokian WR D4.
2015 Auto Bild Nokian WRD3 test
In 2015 experts of the German publication Auto Bild have tested the Nokian WR D3 at size 185/60 R15 and compared it with seventeen similar budget, mid-range and premium winter tires. In addition, experts included into the test one reference summer tyre for comparison of results.
Overall Nokian WR D3 review
According to the test results Nokian took 10th place and got an expert score “Recommended”.
- Relatively long wet braking distance, average handling.
- Average straight and lateral aquaplanning resistance.
- The best dry braking distance, good handling speed.
- Short snow braking distance, good handling and lateral stability, relatively low traction.
- Average noise level.
- Good wear and rolling resistance.
Similar tires from the test: