The Nokian WR A4 is an Ultra High Performance studless winter tyre with asymmetrical tread, designed for passenger cars.
The tyre replaced the Nokian WR A3.
2017 AMS Nokian WR A4 test
In 2017 experts of the German publication Auto Motor und Sport have tested the Nokian WR A4 at size 225/40 R18 and compared it with nine similar mid-range and premium studless winter tyres.
Overall Nokian WR A4 review
According to the test results Nokian shared 5th place with Fulda and Pirelli.
- Great dry performance: the shortest braking distance and the highest handling speed.
- Very long wet braking distance and the lowest handling.
- The lowest straight aquaplanning resistance.
- The longest snow braking distance and relatively low handling.
- The best rolling resistance.
- Good noise level.
Similar tyres from the test: