The Nexen WinGuard Sport is a Touring winter studless tire with asymmetrical tread, designed for passenger cars.
The tyre has been replaced by the Nexen WinGuard Sport 2.
2015 Autozurnal Nexen WinGuard Sport test
In 2015 experts of the Slovak publication Autozurnal have tested the Hankook W442 at size 185/60 R15 and compared to 6 similar budget and mid-range studless winter tires.
Overall Nexen WinGuard Sport review
According to the test results Nexen took 4th place overall and got an expert score “Conditionally Recommended”.
- Good dry braking distance, but the worst handling time.
- Long wet braking distance, average handling and lateral stability.
- Average straight and high lateral aquaplanning resistance.
- Poor snow performance. Worse result showed only Nankang.
- The best noise level and rolling resistance.
Similar tires from the test: