The Michelin X-Ice North 3 (XIN3) is a Premium Touring studded winter tyre with directional tread, designed for passenger cars.
The tyre has been replaced by the Michelin X-Ice North 4.
2015 AMS Michelin X-Ice North XIN3 test
In 2015 experts of the Swedish publication Auto Motor & Sport have tested the Michelin XIN3 at size 205/55 R16 and compared it with seven similar budget, mid-range and premium studded tyres. In addition, experts included into the test eight studless tyres, for comparison of results.
Overall Michelin X-Ice North 3 review
According to the test results Michelin took 6th place.
- Relatively good wet performance.
- Good dry braking distance.
- Low results on the ice among studded tyres (but generally safe).
- Relatively low results on the snow among studded tyres.
- The highest fuel consumption.
Similar tyres from the test: