Michelin Pilot Alpin PA5 is an Ultra High Performance Winter tire with directional tread pattern, designed for Passenger cars.
The tire replaced the Michelin Pilot Alpin 4.
2020 Auto Bild Michelin PA5 test
In 2020 experts of the German publication Auto Bild have tested Michelin Pilot Alpin PA5 at size 245/45 R18 and compared to 18 similar budget, mid-range and premium winter tires. Also they included into the test reference summer tire to compare results.
Overall Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 review
According to the test results Michelin took 1st place.
- Short wet braking distance and great handling.
- Average straight aquaplaning resistance.
- The best dry braking distance and excellent handling.
- The best snow braking distance and slalom, average handling.
- Low noise.
- Good rolling resistance.
- The best wear resistance.
Similar tires from the test: