The Michelin Alpin A5 is a Premium Touring studless winter tyre with directional tread, designed for passenger cars.
The tyre replaced the Michelin Alpin A4.
The tire has been replaced by the Michelin Alpin 6.
2018 Auto Bild Michelin Alpin 5 test
In 2018 experts of the German magazine Auto Bild have tested the Michelin A5 at size 195/65 R15 and compared it with nineteen similar budget, mid-range and premium winter tyres. In addition, experts included into the test one reference summer tyre for comparison of results.
Overall Michelin Alpin 5 review
According to the test results Michelin took 11th place and lost to some cheaper brands.
- Good dry performance.
- Relatively long wet braking distance, good handling.
- High aquaplanning resistance.
- Relatively long snow braking distance and low handling.
- The highest rolling resistance.
- One of the highest noise level.
- The best wear resistance.
Similar tyres from the test: