Maxxis SS-01 Presa SUV is a Touring Studless Winter tire with directional tread pattern, designed for SUV and 4×4.
2016 Auto Bild Belarus Maxxis SS-01 Presa SUV Test
In 2016 experts of the Auto Bild Belarus magazine have tested Maxxis SS01 Presa SUV at size 205/55 R16 and compared to 6 similar budget, mid-range and premium winter tires.
2018 AMS SUV Maxxis SS-01 Presa SUV Test
In 2018 experts of the Swedish magazine Auto Motor & Sport have tested Maxxis SS01 Presa SUV at size 275/45 R20 and compared to 7 similar mid-range and premium winter tires.
Overall Maxxis SS-01 Presa SUV Review
1. 2016 Auto Bild Belarus (235/65 R17) – 7th place.
- Long wet braking distance and low handling.
- Long dry braking distance.
- The longest ice braking distance, low handling and traction.
- Short snow braking.
- Average rolling resistance.
2. 2018 AMS (275/45 R20) – 6th place.
- Relatively good wet braking and handling (Maxxis didn’t take high positions but showed close results to the leader).
- Acceptable dry braking distance.
- The worst ice performance (among similar Ice&Snow tires).
- Poor snow handling.
- The highest rolling resistance.
Similar tires from the test: