Hankook Winter iCept evo2 SUV W320A is an Ultra High Performance studless winter tyre with asymmetrical tread pattern, designed for SUV and 4×4.
The tyre also has version for Passenger cars.
2018 AMS Hankook Winter i cept evo2 SUV W320A test
In 2018 experts of the Sweden magazine Auto Motor & Sport have tested the Hankook W320A SUV at size 275/45 R20. The main competitor of the Hankook was a similar tire of the “European type” – Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme S. This type of tires has a more rigid rubber compound and a less aggressive tread pattern, which helps them to show better performance at dry and wet. The rest competitors were six tyres of the Nordic type, which the experts included into the test to compare results.
2016 Motor Hankook Winter i’cept evo2 SUV W320A Test
Test by the Polish magazine Motor in 2016. The experts have tested the tire at size 225/55 R17 and compared to 6 similar mid-range and premium winter tires.
2016 AMS Hankook W320A Test
Test by the German publication Auto Motor und Sport in 2016. The experts have tested the tire at size 215/60 R17 and compared to 9 similar budget, mid-range and premium winter tires.
Overall Hankook Winter i cept evo2 SUV W320A Reviews
1. 2018 AMS (275/45 R20) – 7th place.
- The shortest wet braking and good handling.
- Good dry braking.
- Expected low results on the ice, but better than Vredestein.
- Relatively good snow handling.
- High rolling resistance.
2. 2016 Motor (225/55 R17) – 6th place.
- Long wet braking distance and relatively low handling speed.
- The lowest straight aquaplaning resistance.
- Short dry braking distance and good handling.
- Long ice braking distance and average traction.
- Good results on the snow.
- Low rolling resistance.
3. 2016 AMS (215/60 R17) – 5th place.
- Poor wet performance.
- Average straight and good lateral aquaplaning resistance.
- Long dry braking distance but good handling.
- Good snow performance.
- Average rolling resistance.
- Average noise.
Similar tires from the test: