The Goodyear UltraGrip SUV is an Ultra High Performance studless winter tire with directional tread, designed for SUV and 4×4.
2014 Auto Bild Allrad Goodyear UltraGrip SUV test
In 2014 experts of the German publication Auto Bild Allrad have tested the Goodyear UG SUV at size 235/65 R17 and compared to 8 similar mid-range and premium winter tires. In addition, experts included into the test one reference summer tire, for comparison of results.
Overall Goodyear UltraGrip SUV review
According to the test results Goodyear took 4th place and got an expert score “recommended”.
- The best wet braking distance, but relatively low handling speed.
- The best straight aquaplanning resistance.
- Short dry braking distance and relatively good handling.
- Good snow traction, handling and slalom; relatively long braking distance (but very close result to the leader).
- The worst rolling resistance.
- Average noise.
Similar tires from the test: