The Gislaved Euro Frost 5 is a Touring studless tyre with directional tread, designed for passenger cars.
The tyre has been replaced by the Gislaved EuroFrost 6.
Nowadays the brand are owned to the German Continental.
2017 Auto Bild Gislaved EuroFrost 5 test
In 2017 experts of the German magazine Auto Bild have tested the Gislaved Euro Frost 5 at size 225/50 R17 and compared it with nineteen similar budget, medium and premium winter tyres. In addition, experts included into the test one reference summer tyre for comparison of results.
Overall Gislaved EuroFrost 5 review
According to the test results Gislaved took 11th place and got an expert score “average”.
- Good dry performance: short braking distance and high average speed.
- Poor on the wet: the longest braking distance and low handling.
- Good aquaplanning resistance.
- Average on the snow; close results to the leaders.
- Good rolling resistance.
- Average wear.
- On of the highest noise level.
Similar tyres from the test: