The Fulda Kristall Control HP is a High Performance studless winter tyre with directional tread, designed for passenger cars.
The tyre has been replaced by the Fulda Kristall Control HP2.
Nowadays the brand are owned to the Goodyear Tyre & Rubber Company.
2016 Auto Bild Fulda Kristall Control HP test
In 2016 experts of the German publication Auto Bild have tested the Fulda Kristall Control HP at size 205/55 R16 and compared it with nineteen similar budget, mid-range and premium winter tires. In addition, experts included into the test one reference summer tyre for comparison of results.
Overall Fulda Kristall Control HP review
According to the test results the Fulda took last place and got an expert score “conditionally recommended”.
- Average wet braking: the braking distance was longer than most premium brands, but very close to similar mid-range tires; low handling.
- Average straight and lateral aquaplanning resistance.
- Relatively good dry braking and one of the best handling.
- Relatively good on the snow. The tyre didn’t take high positions, but showed close results to the leaders.
- Average noise level and rolling resistance.
Similar tyres from the test: