Continental Winter Contact TS 870 is a Premium Touring Winter tire with directional tread pattern, designed for Passenger cars.
The tire replaced the Continental WinterContact TS 860.
Continental Winter Contact TS870 Tests
2022 Auto Zeitung
2021 Auto Bild
In 2021 experts of the German magazine Auto Motor und Sport have tested the Continental TS870 at size 195/55 R16 and compared to 9 similar budget, mid-range and premium winter tires.
Overall Continental WinterContact TS 870 Reviews
According to the test results Continental took 2nd place and got an expert score “Very good”.
- Average wet performance.
- High straight and the best lateral aquaplaning resistance.
- Relatively long dry braking distance but good handling speed.
- Good results on the snow.
- The best rolling resistance.
- Low noise.
Similar tires from the test:
- Toyo Observe S944
- Michelin Alpin 6
- Goodyear UltraGrip 9+
- GT Radial WinterPro2
- Falken Eurowinter HS01
- Pirelli Cinturato Winter
- BFGoodrich g-Force Winter 2
- Bridgestone Blizzak LM005
- Vredestein Wintrac