Barum Polaris 5 is a Touring winter tire with directional tread pattern, designed for Passenger cars.
The tire replaced the Barum Polaris 3.
2019 Autoclub CR Barum Polaris 5 test
In 2019 experts of the Czech publication Autoklub CR have tested Barum Polaris 5 at size 215/55 R17 and compared to 5 similar budget, medium and premium winter tires.
2019 Autocenter Barum Polaris 5 test
In 2019 experts of the Ukrainian publication “Autocenter” made an alternative test Barum Polaris 5 at size 205/55 R16 and compared to 9 similar budget, mid-range and premium winter tires.
Overall Barum Polaris 5 review
1. 2019 Autoclub CR (215/55 R17) – 1st place.
- The best wet performance.
- High straight and the best lateral aquaplanning resistance.
- The longest dry braking distance (but relatively close result to the leader) and good handling.
- Great on the snow.
- Low noise.
- Good rolling resistance.
1. 2019 Autocenter (205/55 R16) – 4-7th place.
- Short wet braking distance and good handling.
- Relatively low straight aquaplanning resistance.
- Long dry braking distance and low handling.
- Good ice performance. Barum didn’t take high positions but showed close results to the leaders.
- Good on the snow.
- The best rolling resistance.
- Low noise.